[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Weight Limits

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Jun 26 02:42:21 AKDT 2007

That is the real downside to weighing the planes WITH fuel, it would have to be done at the flightline. Maybe not weigh every plane, but spot check enough to force everyone not to cheat. Of course, I guess that could be said for the electrics now.

  Things were simpler, in some respects, when there was a displacement limit. The limitation was the engine, and the weight took care of itself.

  Don't get me wrong, I don't advocate putting the displacement limit back into effect. One of the more expensive items were the engines. Now, you can bolt on an OS 1.60, a wrap around header and pipe, and go fly. I suspect that there will be some practical gasoline engines before long as well, which will reduce the fuel costs.

  I vote to leave the rules alone.

  Bob R.

twtaylor <twtaylor at ftc-i.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                I vote for 12 lbs take ready to fly. Weigh it then go fly. Then we can listen to the IC guys whine. I can see it now, scales at every pilot box for the judges to see.