[NSRCA-discussion] Going forward.

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Sun Jun 24 09:49:02 AKDT 2007

I am wondering if we are moving toward a point where too much power may come under the control of too few individuals?
Whether or not we find ourselves able to extend brotherly tolerance to individuals who may be overly opinionated and dogmatic in their application of the rules according to their studied understanding ( and I include myself here), I feel there needs to be a broader interpretive panel weighing the involved repercussions in order to elevate the outcome of these type of matters somewhat above the 2nd grade level.
If indeed the sentence imposed in this case is as stated, there should be a congressional investigation (NSRCA Congress) to determine the validity of arguements both pro and con and how meritorious the platforms for those arguements actually are !!!
Maybe we should form some kind of investigative/disciplinary body/court made up of individuals totally disassociated from the current executive structure and selected from all geographical areas, whose function it is to evaluate conflicts of just this nature with proper representation granted all parties involved devoid of personality biases. Serving representatives would need to be chosen for their ability to be unbiased, just and fair and be nominated by the membership at large and not appointed by the present governing body.
Then again, not knowing all the facts, the stated penalty does not mirror the crime, if in fact it can be established that there is a crime in the first place.
This just happens to be my opinion in spite of the fact that the particular individual involved and I have had our differences and some pretty severe ones due to similarities in our personalities.
Ya move on guys, ya move on.
Georgie