[NSRCA-discussion] Jeti 90

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Wed Jun 20 16:57:54 AKDT 2007

I use a Jeti 60

I tried linear and logrithmic and noted no difference at the low end
Using Axi 4120/18, 6S 3700 LiPo, 14X7E APC current configuration.. APC 14X8 Pattern gives 900 watts, the 14X7 gives better vertical and longer flight

Logrythmic should increase power exponentially with throttle stick being advanced (in theory) to make the plane's speed linear with throttle. (Thats the idea behind it anyway)
But... for pattern I'm not sure thats exactly what we want.

I didn't like the logritmic high end.

Note that any sensorless brushless may need throttle advanced a fair amount to start the prop turning, but once started you can usually bring the throttle back for a lower minimum rpm.

Sensor type ESC's (need more wires back to the ESC for the hall effect sensor) "count the revolutions" and adjust more accurately at the low end.