[NSRCA-discussion] Nats registration

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Thu Jun 14 09:01:55 AKDT 2007

Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Nats registrationthere's a big difference in PLAYING a game of strategy and OBSERVING the RESULTS of someone performing aerobatics.

You don't even need to know all the rules to observe.

You don't need to know the weight limit, maximum length or wingspan of the model.

You don't have to know how to compensate for wind in order to be able to see if a vertical line got blown sideways and should be downgraded.

Knowing the names of the pieces (maneuvers) and the shape of the board (limits of the box) and the basic movements of the pieces (textbook description of loop, roll, spin, snap...) will get you MUCH further judging than actually playing.

Even a judge at a chess tournament only needs to know how to recognize an illegal move.  They don't have to be able to beat the worst player in the High School chess club.