[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Fri Jul 27 10:39:51 AKDT 2007

Wayne,

  I disagree with most of what you say are your concerns about the NSRCA. And I also don't like the tone of your rant -- to call someone else's reply an "outrage", when yours sounds that way to me. To say that you "have not attacked anyone here" when you have attacked the whole organization and everyone (blanket statements) who has had any leadership role in recent times.

  But I realize that I, nor anyone else, is going to change your mind, so I am not going to try. I am simply making this statement for those on the receiving end of this to know that while I may not agree with EVERYTHING that has happened inside the NSRCA, I do feel they are trying their best to carry out the wishes of the majority of the members, and are truly acting in the best interest of the hobby. They OBVIOUSLY will not please 100% of the people with every action, nor should they lose any sleep over that fact.

  Any change for the better is going to happen from the inside out, and by members talking and working together towards a common goal. That is the purpose of this list.

  Thanks to everyone that has worked on the sequences. Thanks to everyone that has served in a leadership role - I know it can seem like a thankless job. And I also thank everyone on this list that voices their concerns and opinions and offers constructive ideas. Maybe we won't always agree, but that is fine, too.

  I may not always agree with Ron's opinion, but I agree with it most of the time and I certainly respect it even when I don't agree. Ron has been around long enough to have good reasons for his opinions! :-)  And he has certainly done a lot for the sport of Pattern for many years. Thanks, Ron!!!

  Respectfully,
  Bob Richards, NSRCA 270, member for 17 years. AMA 95023, member 35 years.