[NSRCA-discussion] Bouncing e-mail problem - Bellsouth

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Fri Jul 27 09:56:24 AKDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:31:52 -0600
"William C. Harden" <flyinbill1 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Below is Bellsouth's response to my NSRC bouncing e-mail enquiry.
>
> I don't know how to contact Gateway.
>
> Bill Harden

I've responded privately to Bill, and the bellsouth.net helpdesk.  The
delivery problems have nothing to do with Gateway or a blacklist.  The
bottom line is two of the three mail servers currently handling inbound
mail for bellsouth.net are misconfigured and improperly rejecting mail.

If your e-mail address ends in bellsouth.net (and you happen to get this
message), I strongly advise you to get another e-mail address.

Gmail service is free and quite reliable.

You can sign up here:
http://mail.google.com/mail/signup

And then re-subscribe to the NSRCA list using your new Gmail address
here: http://lists.nsrca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion

You can always catch up on the NSRCA postings you've missed by going to
the mailing list archives:

http://lists.nsrca.org/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com