[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Jul 26 11:29:52 AKDT 2007

Hey Ed,

Not trying to argue a moot point, but you commented that "even if it does
take 2 years, it really doesn't have to"...  That's the part I think you're
missing.

Even IF we could create, test,survey and decide on a new sequence in a
DAY...the AMA REQUIRES it 2 years in advance of it being flown.

So the solution we are offering is to remove the sequences as part of the
"Rules"...that would allow us to use a process as you describe to
efficiently alter a sequence.  So basically...I agree with you 100%...we
need a good process.  But the best process is still stymied if we have to
push it through an AMA rule change cycle.

As it stands now, a rule change submitted in October of this year...wouldn't
have a chance of being included in the rules until January of 2011.  I find
that to be absurd...but that's the guideline that the AMA has in place.