[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Jul 26 10:02:42 AKDT 2007

That would be good to know. Steve Kaluf mentioned the reason "the ability to update the rule book online (fix it as we go along) are much easier now than they were several years ago", then it stands to reason the old process of changing the pattern could be streamlined.

  Personally, I don't think an occasional change in the pattern for the lower classes (not more difficult, just different) would necessarily be a bad thing. There might be guys that will never point out of a class, but feel they must either move up or quit just from being bored. Rather than form an opinion on that by myself, I would rather hear what the guys flying the lower classes actually think about that.

  I have been going to a few IMAC contests with my 13 yr old son. He moved up from Basic to Sportsman, not because he had to, but because he wanted to be able to fly unknowns. He does not practice nearly enough, and has not placed in the top half yet, but he enjoys it anyway. (I'm not mentioning IMAC to start an US vs THEM war, so please don't take it that way). :-)

  Bob R.

Mark Atwood <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com> wrote:
  Ron (RVP), Can you lay out for all of us the chronology of what has to
happen to get a new sequence in?

I think this would be enlightening to most as to what a PITA it is calendar
time wise.