[NSRCA-discussion] Proposed Masters Sequence for 2009/2010

Mark Atwood atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Thu Jul 26 09:20:21 AKDT 2007

Ron (RVP),  Can you lay out for all of us the chronology of what has to
happen to get a new sequence in?

I think this would be enlightening to most as to what a PITA it is calendar
time wise.

I.e. To put the process in place that Ed is suggesting, I think would put a
new sequence out at least 4 years from the "start" of creating it.

So I'd be curious to see the timeline..

"We need a new sequence..." - Day 1

Form a committee - x weeks or months

Create sequence - X Months

Review by NSRCA Board/put out for survey - X Months

Blah blah blah...

AND THEN...work backwards for the AMA process...

Submission to the AMA for the 20XX year rules has to occur years before it
goes into effect (prelim vote, changes, final vote, publication, etc etc)

I think Ron has a feel for the required process, but I'd love to hear what
the beginning to "in effect" time lag is for a new sequence under the AMA
rules process.

-M