[NSRCA-discussion] New Prestige Flight

Dave Lockhart davel322 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 24 18:17:22 AKDT 2007

Ed,

I meant the Hacker A60 motor was updated - The Prestige airplane is
unchanged.

The revised A60 has a slightly different bearing layout, the addition of a
cooling fan at the front of the motor, and the shaft is extended at the back
of the motor for an aft support (using a flange type bearing).  End result
is that the motor seems to run with a little less winding hum and is give or
take about 5% more efficient (based on static testing and Eagletree logging
of flights).

Dave

  _____