[NSRCA-discussion] Shot down at sanctioned event.

Scott Smith js.smith at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 01:38:18 AKDT 2007

Thanks to all for the kind words and support and thanks for the offer Jim,
but I still have my glow Patriot from last year (and six cases of fuel that
I didn't think I'd get to!)

The host club president and the non-participant have been in touch with the
AMA and the good news is they are providing the paperwork to file a claim.
The key factor was the fact that an impound was in affect and as a result
there may be coverage.

On a side note, the CF motor mount I made and wrote about in the Jan KFactor
only suffered minor damage.it was plenty strong enough for any flight loads!

For those curious about the TP5000 lipo, the first two cells got crushed a
bit, but no flames or venting.  I have discharged it to 35 volts and have it
sitting outside pending a resolution.

Here are the last recorded moments from the data logger.   Notice the long
pause before takeoff.I was looking down field at the guys running up the
glow wondering what their intentions were.

Takeoff at 8.75, first hold at 9.05, there was hope at 9.2, flat-lined at
9.5!   So a total of 30 seconds lapsed, not the minute I originally thought.

  _____