[NSRCA-discussion] OS1.40 Idle

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 05:23:11 AKDT 2007

Tim,
2 things
1.  Your engine and/or idle is too lean.  If your exhaust is anything but almost clear-very slight bit of tan, you are too lean.
2.  Set your idle trim on a slider on the tx. and you can idle down for landing.  Makes life much better and you have complete control of the idle anytime.
3.  A third possibility is your pipe is too short.  I use the Macs header, ES pipe and 2 more inches, whatever that is.
4.  the high idle can also be an indication the engine is getting too hot.  Look at all those issues.

Good luck
Mike