[NSRCA-discussion] Building Question

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Jul 15 04:57:27 AKDT 2007

JMHO.

  5 min epoxy does not wet the surfaces as well as 2 hour epoxy, so it will not adhere as well to smooth surfaces. It has also been my experience that 5 min epoxy does not stand up as well to glow fuel, it will turn rubbery with time. Perhaps this was the particular brand I was using at the time (don't remember). I don't use anything less than 30 minute epoxy in the shop anymore.

  Bob R.

Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:
                Is there any difference, other than working time, among epoxies with different setup times but the same brand? Is 5 min just as strong as 30 min?

  Jay Marshall