[NSRCA-discussion] 90 size pattern plane

Jim Alberico alberji at charter.net
Sat Jul 14 12:17:48 AKDT 2007

Greetings.  I'm the club member mentioned by Ed.

Jay Marshall's suggestion looks like a potential winner, the Hangar 9 Evolution 90 4D.  The SFG's are easily removable when not appropriate.

Turns out the MA that just arrived mentions that model as a beginner/practice choice.

I'm guessing the recommended 2S Evolution 1.00 NX is plenty of power for a beginner on a budget.   Thoughts?   Remember: (sportsman + beginner + budget).  :-)

Other threads seem to say the stock Evolution muffler will not fit.  A Pitts muffler, such as from Bisson, is suggested.  Additional thoughts from this community of experts will be appreciated.  Thanks!

Jim