[NSRCA-discussion] OS140RX Does not run

Joe Lachowski jlachow at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:34:37 AKDT 2007

Send it back. A friend of mine had similar problems. They sent him a brand new one that runs like a clock.

Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:47:30 -0700From: d_bodary at yahoo.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] OS140RX Does not run
With the nats fast approaching decided to install the new OS i had waiting for a new plane. Tried to get it running today. No deal. swapped fuel tanks still no deal. primed carb it would run for a second or so. Decided to install the backplate/pump assembly off the old engine still would'nt run. finally got tired of the 94 degree heat. installed old engine. using new backplate/pump assembly it ran very rich really would'nt stay running fuel pouring out the carb. But it did run. then i installed my old backplate/pump assembly to the old engine. now everything runs as it did last week.

Anyways now that you've read this far. the pump on the new backplate is about 1/8" past the backplate. my old pump is about flush with the backplate.

Has/Did OS switch the pumps to solve a problem. my new engine i have had for about a year and a half no telling how long it sat on the shelf before i purchased it. could have been days or years. Old engine i have had for about 2 1/2 years.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Dennis

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.