[NSRCA-discussion] Chapter-12 computer science.

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Wed Jul 4 18:20:58 AKDT 2007

Yup, that's it. I just wanted to see if you guys could figure this out. You
made me feel good because I actually coded something just like this and it
took me a little while to catch it. At least we had some fun and didn't
think about the less pleasant things that started this thread. Although this
whole "computer programming" thing that I started doesn't seem like it's
related to Pattern, think again. Things aren't always what they seem and
sometimes when you think you have something figured out, you actually don't.
How many times have you struggled with something for weeks only to have one
of your Pattern buddies straighten it out for you in ten minutes? Pattern is
one of the coolest forms of competition I've ever been involved with. I'm
always amazed when I see people lending complete airplanes to their
competitors after something "bad" happened and then cheering as they are
beaten by them. As far as I'm concerned almost everyone I've met who flies
Pattern deserves a lot of respect. Everything needs to be kept in proper
perspective. I know some people take things VERY seriously and that's fine
but let's remember this is a hobby. A toy airplane hobby. It's supposed to
be fun and relaxing. When it starts causing stress, maybe you should take a
break. Life is too short, BELIEVE ME!

John Pavlick