[NSRCA-discussion] Trimming Question

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Wed Jul 4 12:29:21 AKDT 2007

I usually carry a bit more down travel than up. That's normal. Twice the amount of throw....hmm that doesn't sound right does it?

I'd have to be with the plane to see if you really have a problem or if the set up is just kinda whacky. How much expo are you running both ways?

Also take a measurement of the stab incidence, or as well as you can. It should be around zero. Also look at the alignment of the elevator to the stab itself and make sure you're not carrying any large amount of trim, because that can make things wierd.

I have had more than a few people tell me it trims out better with a hair of positive incidence in the stab, in fact I carried some for a while. It's hard to guess if you don't have an exact reference to go from.

-Mike