[NSRCA-discussion] Chapter-5 Going too far.

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Jul 1 11:07:12 AKDT 2007

You could argue that missing a point in a 2 of 4 Point Roll should
earn at least a 6-point downgrade, because the missing point can be
considered missing a point by 90 degrees.  The rule book says to
downgrade 5 points or more for missing points.  However, I contend
that kind of downgrade is for hesitation rolls with multiple points.
If the maneuver is supposed to be a 1/2 Square Loop w/ 2 of 4 Point
Roll Up and the pilot actually does a 1/2 Square Loop w/ 1/2 Roll Up,
he's missed one point in a two-point maneuver and I think it should
be a zero.

Even so, if the pilot gets a zero or four points, he still isn't
going to be too pleased with himself.

Ron Van Putte