[NSRCA-discussion] YS fuel

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sun Jul 1 08:20:08 AKDT 2007

Ron,

The info that Ron Van Putte gives is correct. Everybody has their own take. I use the Cool Power 30% heli Performance blend in all the YS engines. For that matter I use it in all my engines period. OS 25's through YS 170's

Morgan Inc is the company that makes Cool Power. They also make other fuels like Omega. The one you want to stick with is Cool Power it is the all synthetic oil fuel. The Prop Pattern blend like RVP suggested is good as it has the 20% oil content that is recommended by YS. This Cool Power fuel as with the all Cool Powers  but the Performance Heli blends is Green in Color. The Heli Performance stuff is Orange. This is to distinguish the oil package in the fuel. The 30% heli has a low viscosity oil that works extremely well in the 4 stroke engines. It is at 23% oil so a little more oil due to the fact its a little "thinner".  It works extremely well. Costs a couple dollars more but in my opinion its worth the extra. Everybody I know that has tried it really likes it.

The Bright Pink stuff is Omega and this is a good fuel also but it contains castor oil. I don't recommend this for the YS engines. The 4 strokes tend to build up carbon and have problems when using a castor oil fuel.

What ever you do don't run any kind of "4 stroke fuel". These don't have enough oil in them for the most part. Stick with the Pro-Pattern blend the 30% heli performance blend or a fuel that is labeled as 20/20 this is 20% nitro and 20% oil. some fuels have the label 30/20 this is 30 nitro and 20 oil. This is fine also.

The Pro-pattern blend of Cool Power is defined as the 20% oil content....This is because the pattern guys use it in their YS  engines...So instead of calling it YS 20/20 like other manufacturers they just call it the pro-pattern.

Troy Newman
Team YS