[NSRCA-discussion] Soft mount for OS .46AX?

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Tue Jan 30 06:56:36 AKST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:03:03 -0500
rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Another possibility is to make a Hyde type mount yourself from 3/32"
> aircraft ply, balsa and rubber bicycle innertube. It's very easy to
> make and would be the lightest and most effective solution for you.
> The whole thing is put together with ca glue.

Thanks for all the answers guys!  Matt, what you're describing sounds a
bit like the instructions that Bob Pastorello put together for a
PastoMount:

http://www.rcaerobats.net/mount1.htm

If your version doesn't require a nose ring, I'm interested!

Vince, I couldn't find a Hyde or Budd mount that fit.  I doubt either
one of them has idle time to make what would amount to a one off.  Now
if the list did a group Reactor build...  ;-)

Ron, you are right on - the mount I have on my Somethin' Extra is a
Sullivan backplate mount and not a K&B.  My first option may be to find
one of those.  The one on the Somethin' Extra has served well - and it
is a very light mount.

Dean, I'm going to take a look at the Dave Brown mount - it sounds just
a shade heavier but if it's in current production that sure beats the
Sullivan.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com