[NSRCA-discussion] How much rudder do you really use?

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Sun Jan 28 19:15:07 AKST 2007

Anthony,
If you bevel both the leading edge of the rudder and the trailing edge of
the fin, it's quite easy to get a full 45 degrees of throw without forcing
your rudder horn so far back because of the angle you had to sand in the
rudder. You'll only have to sand half the angle into the rudder as you do
when the fin post is left flat. I've done this on my last 4 or 5 planes for
that exact reason. Hope this helps.

Verne