[NSRCA-discussion] Connector search-2

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 23 09:17:03 AKST 2007

All, we are using these connectors to make up our Jumper Plugs for higher amp, and Pattern electrics. The female goes in the plane on the Plus lead from the battery to the ESC and is mounted with a bracket to take the "push in--pull out loads.The Male pins are jumpered with #12 wire and then insulated with heat shrink,  as a result the resistance through the jumper is not measurable on my Fluke
We call it "Sparky" because it snaps when you plug it in--ESC load-.This way you turn on the Rx. and check the plane out--then plug the jumper in--listen to the arming/check sounds- move the throttle to idle--and go fly. When you land you pull the plug--then turn the Rx. off--that way you do not rely on the ESC or throttle "off" to make sure the motor does not turn back on.
Have seen a couple actually do that after landing and stopping, once before someone got to the plane, and the second as it was being carried back.
The plastic body measures 0.355in long X 0.280in thick X 0.500in wide.
Contact area is about 0.160in deep and 0.350 wide-gold plated-, on each side, so it can easily handle the I.
Now the problem--I bought these in a hobby shop several years ago, and of course he no longer has them, or even remembers them. They have more contact area than other similar   connectors (Anderson power poles),so are the best thing out there I have found.
Does anyone know where I can get some, or who may have made them. I assume they were originally made for cars.
There is another e-mail with another view
Thanks
Jerry