[NSRCA-discussion] A123 batteries

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 10:58:54 AKST 2007

Search eBay for "36V Dewalt Battery", the part number is: DC9360.  They are
going for somewhere around $100-$110 per pack and you dig 10 cells out of
it.

I got mine from "*aaatooldude* <http://myworld.ebay.com/aaatooldude>" at his
eBay Express store.  I have seen some packs go for $80 during an auction,
but I end up getting PO'd when someone sharpshoots me at the last second by
$0.50. . . . so if I can find it at a reasonable Buy it Now price, it ends
up being better for everyone around me.

There is a thread on RCGroups giving you detailed instructions on how to get
the cells out.  I didn't buy the special security wrench for the screws, I
just cut a slot in them with my Dremel and used a standard screwdriver.

Oh yeah, keep the paper tubes on the cells when you're assembling the
packs.  The entire aluminum case is "hot". . . trust me on that one. . .

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN
khoard at gmail.com