[NSRCA-discussion] Thick trailing edges

Ihncheol Park pnahobbies at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 16 09:04:33 AKST 2007

Peter,
  I forgot to tell you that EZ used thicker trailing edges on tail surfaces only.  Not the aileron which I believe just because of the look of the thick ailerons.

  Ihncheol Park

Peter Pennisi <pentagon.systems at bigpond.com> wrote:
  How effective are thick trailing edges in softening up the feel of a surface
around neutral? Is it a fad or does it actually work.

I am putting together my second model with composite wings which have very
thin trailing edges (Comp-ARF -IMPACT). I have never been really comfortable
with the feel on my first model. I am thinking of removing some of the rear
wing to increase the thickness of the trailing edge (Should not be too
difficult - only concern will be if ailerons will be large enough to force a
decent snap)

The model came at the right price so it was always destined as a test bed to
try out some ideas.