[NSRCA-discussion] A123 batteries

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:47:28 AKST 2007

I bought a DeWalt 10-cell pack and have made two 3S and one 4S pack for my
Mini-Inspire. They are definately heavier than Lipo per cell, and larger
(about the size of a C-cell).  If guys are barely making weight with LiPo's,
then they won't make it with these cells since you need to use two 10S
packs, their capacity is 2400Mah.  Each cell is about 70 grams.

However. . . . I like that the A123's are much more robust than LiPo's.  You
can store them at full charge, discharge them to 5%, draw mega amps, charge
at mega amps, and not worry about them quitting at 20 cycles because you
didn't know of some stupid limitation.  Oh yeah, the whole "don't vent with
flames" thing attracted me too!!

--

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN