[NSRCA-discussion] Bad fuel

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 15 09:06:52 AKST 2007

Hi Matt,

I did try the run the suspect fuel in my DZ 160 as well as my heli and I had
problems with both. As suggested the engine at WOT seemed to run fine but
neither engine would idle or transition reliably. I replaced plugs and
stuffed around with tuning and even swapped an engine out until I worked out
the fuel was the problem.

It looks as if the fuel will be destined for the garden shed. 30% glow fuel
is an excellent igniter for weed eaters which are stubborn to start. Throw a
little down the throttle barrel and the unit roars to life on the first pull
start every time guaranteed. I even tried to run it on this stuff some time
ago but that is a different story.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Peter