[NSRCA-discussion] Bad fuel

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Sun Jan 14 15:03:48 AKST 2007

Pete-it works as far as removing water from the fuel. I am not chemically knowledgeable enough to know IF methanol can degrade as such. Water is just contamination because its hygroscopic. Since we have had no rain for as long as I can remember, the humidity here is extremely low. By midday it will be less than 20% dropping lower as the day goes. Almost like a blast furnace!! The other day  when I posted- one hour later we hit 42 Deg C.

I haven't had any water in fuel problems for a while now.

Can methanol degrade-anyone know?

Tom