[NSRCA-discussion] Pull Pull Cable Tension Question

Bob Harden rharden1 at cox.net
Sun Jan 14 12:42:01 AKST 2007

Hello Larry,

The cables need to be snug, just to the point where there is tension in them (when the servo and rudder is centered); no slack. Over time the cables will stretch and you will see some slack, then you will have to tighten them again. Depending upon your setup, one side may show slack as you operate the rudder (this could be due to servo arm or rudder control arms not being the same lengths). So far in my experience this hasn't been a problem with a slight mismatch in those lengths during operation as long as the rudder cables are tight when the rudder (and servo) are at center.

Maybe others could chime in here too with their experiences.

Bob