[NSRCA-discussion] List rules clarification question (long)

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sun Jan 14 10:32:27 AKST 2007

Lance Van Nostrand wrote:

> I am sorry for how long this post is but please consider this:  I've been
> watching this closely as I assume other active pattern fliers/vendors are.
> Marty does a fantastic job moderating and managing but I think the nsrca
> needs to set the list rules.

CLARIFICATION BESIDE THE POINT:

So far as I know, I'm not moderating or managing this list.

It is a service contributed by one of the webteam.  I'm not
sure whether he wants to be anonymous, so I'm leaving his
name out of this for the moment.

So far as I know, the NSRCA is benefiting from the donation
and not making any contributions for the upkeep of the list
server (I may be wrong about this).  My impression is that
the list is a labor of love and that we're all indebted
to our benefactor.

I'm trying right now to arrange to fill in the gap left
by Ed Hartley's re-arrangement of his priorities.  I'm
hoping we can move to a system in which many people can
be responsible for content in various areas--expanding
the web team.

BACK TO THE POINT:

I think you're right about clarifying the list rules.
I am personally not at all offended by on-list ads.
If we could agree to a set of tags, people can filter
out threads they don't want to see.  Something like:

[AD]
[For Sale]
[Policy]
[FAQ]

etc.

I do understand that it's important not to destroy the
K-Factor's centrality in the organization nor its
income.

> =======
> Any item not normal "stock" for any seller can be announced on the list.
> This would include non-business guys selling their plane or DZ160 (because a
> single sale would not count as normal "stock") and vendors that have
> acquired/developed something special and want to announce it to the pattern
> world.
> =======

OK by me.

> --Lance
> Leading laborer at AeroSlave

I think it's OK for folks to put stuff in their signatures--links
to their websites, whether they are commercial or non-profit.

					Marty