[NSRCA-discussion] Pull-Pull

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Jan 10 11:14:28 AKST 2007

Another utilization to remove the epidermis from Garfield is a method I used
on my Fresca and my Cutting Edge.
That is to Mount the elevator servo on it's side just ahead of the L.E. of
the stab (servo output arm on fuse center ) and using about a 1&1/2" pushrod
to drive forward and back, in an oscillatory motion, about a 6-8" piece of
D.B. pushrod stock running longitudinally under the stab in two brass
bearings/bushings (brass tubing ~ 1" long located near each end of the
pushrod) which pushrod ran through the middle of a hardwood block about
1/2"X 3/4" which was epoxied and pinned to the pushrod. I fastened a piece
of 1/16" dural about 3/4" wide tapering to about 1/2" at the ends to the
block which was fabricated long enough to protrude/extend through the sides
of the fuse under the stab and stick out about 3/4". I then used Excel ball
and socket joints to connect from the aluminum slider to the elevator
horns.Use of long nylon exit guides in the side of the fuse yielded a snug
fit to the aluminum slider and acted as an anti-rotation device. The
bearings eliminate any side to side movement and with careful installation
consideration, the slider can almost disappear under the stab. I also used
the ball links on the servo to slider connection and the total unit ended up
very slop free.
My reason for formulating this method was to address the temperature/trim
phenomenon which I think was achieved.
Just another option.
G.