[NSRCA-discussion] The real rason Pattern flyers are seen as Elitists...

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 12:42:02 AKST 2007

 Oh really Fred? I've been watching these discussions and I think that the overwhellming amount of responses to you have been helpful and understanding. You have to listen as well as talk. There are many on this list who have a ton of knowledge and I respect the opinions of all. I've also been impressed  with your knowledge as a pattern newbie.
   This is a discussion list where we are supposed to feel free to express ourselves. Pattern flyers are getting a bad rap and I don't think they deserve to get slammed. We are just exchanging ideas. My advise to you is to lighten up. Mike

Fred Huber <fhhuber at clearwire.net> wrote:
          When someone who actually does start trying to fly Sportsman tries to give input on how to attract more people to Sportsman... the Elitist snobs who are flying Maters would rather nitpick on technicalities than listen to the real issue the relative beginner to the sport is trying to address.

  You ARE Elitists...

  "Your plane must not be good enough... get a better one" IS NOT the correct response to a beginner to Sportsman saying the new sequence requires more performance than the old sequence.

  You want to attract people... you are certainly doing the EXACT wrong thing.  And when its pointed out... you attack the messenger for telling you about it.

  I'm about ready to scrape the NSRCA logos off my model...

http://mail.yahoo.com