[NSRCA-discussion] Small Models...goodfor thefutureofthePattern Event?

Adrien L Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Sun Jan 7 08:47:46 AKST 2007

We have done the same thing at the Sayre meets, with nearly the same
results. We did have one guy who flew, I think it was a Goldberg Extra
300. The plane met size limits, but noise was a factor, and I would bet
it was over 11lb.
Over all I think there is a LOT more potential for growth in placing some
reasonable limits on the size, weight, or engine displacement on the
first 2 or 3 classes, than there is in maintaining the current reality of
needing a 2 meter ship to be competitive. "perception is reality"

Terry T.

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 10:40:51 -0500 "Anthony Romano"
<anthonyr105 at hotmail.com> writes:
> That is why I suggested a scoring  bonus no one gets turned away, no
> extra
> events, no one at a percieved disadvantage. Probably not that hard
> to update
> a scoring program to do it.
>
> For what its worth the last five contest I have run we allowed
> anything up
> to 80" and the last two years any AMA legal airplane with no
> takers.
>
> Anthony
>

> >From: "Rex LESHER" <trexlesh at msn.com>
> >Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Small
> >Models...goodfor        thefutureofthePattern Event?
> >Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 15:57:15 -0800
> >
> >Georgie
> >The problem with this theory is, what do we do with the guys now
> flying
> >Sportsman and Intermediate with 2 meter planes....  I know of
> several
> >guys that will be flying in both of these classes that own two or
> three 2
> >meter planes each....  It would be pretty disasterous for them to
> find out
> >that they can't use their planes....  Just shy of forcing them to
> quit, how
> >do you want to handle this?
> >I could see the smaller plane theory for Sportsman as a method to
> hook
> >flyers, but on the other hand, I know quite a few guys in the local
> club
> >that don't have any planes that would be small enough to fit the
> rules.....
> >Probably the only fair way to handle this problem would be to
> create a new
> >Sportsman class with limited size, and leave the other Sportsman
> class
> >open to any AMA legal airplane...  This way, we would be inviting
> anyone
> >and everyone to fly, just like we are now doing in Sportsman by
> >allowing any AMA legal plane to compete in that class.....   Then,
> by
> >adding another class to a contest, there comes the problems with
> logistics
> >of running the contest and having enough qualified judges and
> such.....
> >Theres no easy solution to any of this,  one solution will cause
> many other
> >problems....   It is however, very good food for thought.....
> >
> >Rex

rca.org/mailman/listinfo/nsrca-discussion>