[NSRCA-discussion] Small Models...goodforthefutureofthePatternEvent?

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 08:39:19 AKST 2007

I have just purchased a Great Planes Reactor (the big one) to see how the
new design ARF's compare with all the old standard favorite 4-Stars,Sticks  etc.
I outfitted this $169.00 airplane with a YS-63 and used what I had for  radio
equipment. This ARF is complete the only thing that you need to get  it
flying is a small amount of thin CA and 30 min Epoxy and about a day to  put it all
together.
This airplane will perform all pattern sequences and reminds me of my  Impact
only smaller. Vertical is unlimited Knife edge is near perfect snaps are  a
breeze and it stops on line every time.
You have to play with the control throws at first to tame them down since
they are very large designed for 3-D,( It's a shame that they don't make a
version with smaller control surfaces) but you can make the ones furnished  work.
The airplane weighs in at 5lbs 10 oz ready to fly and can also be  built with
Electric power
For anyone who wants to try pattern this airplane will be competitive and
beats the fire out of all the old standard sport plane design's BTW Stall turns
are a piece of cake and perfect every time.
We have entered a new era where all of the ARF Mfg.'s have used what  pattern
has developed, shrunk it down to make it affordable and broaden their  market
and as a guarantee they added 3-D capability without destroying what  it was
originally. (A Pattern Design) My advice to any beginner is forget  all of the
old designs get you one of the new ARF's and the only thing that will  make
you UN competitive is lack of practice.
Buddy