[NSRCA-discussion] Small Models ...goodfor thefutureofthePattern Event?

Del K. Rykert drykert2 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 7 07:12:36 AKST 2007

Hi Leonard.
    Hope all is well with you.

    Del

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Leonard Rudy
  Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:20 AM
  Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Small Models ...goodfor thefutureofthePattern Event?

  Terry,

  I am in a similar position as Jerry's brother.  I have two 2 meter planes. A Focus 2 and
  a Vivat.  In practice, I mainly fly the Intermediate pattern.  I have not competed before
  and would not start out in that class as I would feel very intimated. (It will be bad enough
  in the Sportsman class.)  If I was told I have to fly the Intermediate class, it just would
  not happen.  I would sit it out and watch.

  Len  <amad2terry at juno.com> wrote:
    Jerry:

    You are first, jumping to the conclusion that anything is going to be
    "decided" on this forum, and second that it would go into effect for the
    upcoming competition season. Both are VERY far from reality, but a CD
    could publish this intention ahead of time, so your brother could take
    another plane, or move up, or stay home.

    We are expressing our thoughts on something that we feel could help the
    growth of Pattern. OK, you have an specific example that is the
    exception, but if your brother IS good enough to fly the Impact, and an
    IMAC plane, why not move him up to Intermediate? He certainly is not
    going to be challenged by the Sportsman sequence!

    Terry T.

  http://mail.yahoo.com