[NSRCA-discussion] check valve with muffler pressure?

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 20:59:12 AKST 2007

I thinking of adding a Tetra check valve into the muffler pressure line from a 1.20AZ.  The tank is just a 2 line system and the system would be unregulated.  Will this cause problems with the needle setting wandering due to being unregulated?  I was thinking that it might work since the pressurization should be fairly low compared to what would happen if it was a crankcase tap.  The problems I'm trying to cure is that the needle is very unresponsive right now and even with a rich setting on T/O, it's sagging a little in the uplines. Right now there's no tank pressure at all, so the sagging isn't a huge surprise, but the way the needle reacts on the ground doesn't seem right.  So is the check valve likely to help or should I leave it out?

Thanks
Ed