[NSRCA-discussion] Ideas for new website

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Thu Jan 4 11:24:46 AKST 2007

Jay Marshall wrote:

> Nice layouts but I am using a 20" LCD with high resolution. What about some
> of the others?

It looks awful at 640x480.  But folks using those systems may not have
.css compliant browsers, in which case they see it with "no style."

You can see what that looks like in your browser by finding out how
to turn off styles.  In Mozilla, it's View / Page Style / No Style.
All the content and links are there in a useable if not beautiful
format.

800x600 is useable.  Some of the right column gets clipped by the logo.
Having a top logo field would take care of that.  It's fixable.  Same
with the advertising banners at the bottom.  A header div and a
footer div will handle those OK.

1024x768 is really nice.

I'm doing the designs on 1260 x 1024, so that affects how I see
things.  If you just click on the "Restore Down" icon, you can
play with looking at the page in narrower formats and see that
the layout is fluid.

I'm looking at the resolutions with Resize Browser v1.04
from rjlsoftware.com.
					Marty