[NSRCA-discussion] Header Brace now turned smaller planesandvehicles

george w. kennie geobet at gis.net
Thu Jan 4 09:24:01 AKST 2007

I gotta chime in here with a ditto on the Taurus. I had a Merc Sable ( same
car) that would hold 2-meter stuff and not blink. Mine had the 200 bhp
V-6and I got 31.5 mpg on one tank on one of my trips to Muncie. Funny, on
mine the AC was pretty much inconsequential regarding mileage. Best car I've
ever owned.When I first got it, I was recording about 24.5 mpg so I pumped
the tires up to what I would guess was somewhere between 35 and 40 pounds
and immediately noticed about a 3 mpg increase. In the summer most all my
running around yielded around 28 mpg. Great car!!!
 I'm no longer all that hung up on buying domestic as there is significant
international sharing between all the biggies. You buy a Chevvy Malibu and
you get a Saab. You buy a Ford Fusion and you get a Mazda. Remember that big
Ford SHO with the big V-block Yamaha? No longer much point.
G.