[NSRCA-discussion] Chargers??? 2007

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.net
Wed Jan 3 18:05:52 AKST 2007

False peaking is an indication of excessive fast charging....  check voltage of each cell in the affected packs.  You are probably going to find significant deviation between cells.

If I am correct... charge each cell individually.  and then go to using a lower charge rate.  4C is for "desperation" when you get to a contest and find you forgot to charge the RX the night before... and you are first up.

I'm getting no false peaking from my Hobbico MK-II.  Using it a lot for NiCds for E-powered planes and for field charging the RX and TX packs. (NiCd and NiMh)  Also for 2 and 3 cell LiPos smaller than 2000 mah.

I do moinitor the charges with a voltmeter...