[NSRCA-discussion] 2.4ghz

J.Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Feb 26 10:55:25 AKST 2007

Think of it this way.  In the 72 MHz band we have a channel every 10KHz so
theoretically we can have 100 channels in a one MHz band of frequencies.
Instead of giving every channel its own 10KHz, Spread spectrum gives
everyone the whole band and figures out how to separate them by means of
correlating codes that are unique to each user. Everyone is "sharing" all
the time, not for just .4 seconds.  And the bands used by the DSS system are
ten MHz wide so there is room for many users. So don't worry about it.

One thing to think about is when to buy and what to buy.  When someone
engineers a total system it will be much better than adding a module to an
existing PPM encoder.  A new system would not have the long frame
constraints of the existing systems so update rates could be faster.  It
will be another great year for RC.

Jim O