[NSRCA-discussion] SPECKTRUM Modules for Futaba and JR

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Thu Feb 22 18:26:48 AKST 2007

In a message dated 2/22/2007 6:52:04 PM Central Standard Time,
patterndude at tx.rr.com writes:
What does Spectral capacity - 40 systems mean?  Is this the number of
tranmitters that can operate in range of each other, or is this 40 channels or what?
--Lance

This is grossly simplified, but the 2.4 ghz band has about 80 frequencies.
Each Spektrum unit picks two unused frequencies and transmits on both.  80/2=40
transmitters that can operate at once.  It is a requirement of the FCC that
things on this band don't interfere with each other, and transmitter power is
strictly regulated, therefore anything using the band has to check before
transmitting.  You have no idea which two frequencies you are on (nor do you care),
as they change each time the transmitter turns on.

I've flown my Dad's Arresti III with the DX7 extensively.  Absolutely solid
link, with no fear of getting shot down.  I have been waiting for something
like the modules so I could use a decent transmitter for things like throttle
curves, conditional mixes, etc.

I don't want to be at a field that has 40 airplanes in the air at once!

Jon Lowe