[NSRCA-discussion] A New Version of the PACSS Software Is Now Available

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at comcast.net
Mon Feb 19 17:49:43 AKST 2007

Go to http://pacss.sgmservice.com/

New In Version 3.2.04

Please note the size of the install file has tripled (11 meg). This is
because of the Help File and the inclusion of the AMA Rule Book. This could
make download times at dial-up speeds long.

 The installation executable is now created using a new software package,
CreateInstall from Gentee Software. There is no longer an 'Install" and
"Update" file. The install is "smart" enough to know whether in is upgrading
or performing a new install. NOTE: Because I can only test this in the
environments I have, I don't know if this will have any problem. Please let
me know if you have any problems.

 Updated and (finally) complete "Help" file. Input and suggestions on
improving this would be appreciated.

 The "System Configuration" function now has an option to use the current
Windows default printer when printing all reports. This eliminates the
printer select screen.

 The registration screen will now automatically be pre-filled based upon the
registrants AMA number. If there is a People record found this information
will be used to populate the screen.

 Added a function on the Contest Tab that will display the entire 2007-2008
AMA Rule Book. The document can then be searched, printed, etc. in a full
blown PDF viewer

 A bunch (I lost count after 30) of miscellaneous fixes. Most of these were
minor or cosmetic.

A note to those who have version 3.1.3, the automatic "Update" function got
broke when I moved to the new web site. I didn't realize this until it was
pointed out to me. You will have to go to the web site and download the new
version as usual

Also, please be aware the I DO NOT have Windows Vista, therefore PACSS has
not been tested in that environment, so use cautiously. If you are using
Vista, please let me know if PASCC works or not.

Gene Maurice
gene.maurice at comcast.net
Plano, TX
AMA 3408, NSRCA 877