[NSRCA-discussion] Foam Wing Cutting

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at tx.rr.com
Wed Dec 26 23:10:37 AKST 2007

Here's an alternative that worked for me before I got the CNC cutter.  You can use 2 dimmer switches in series.  The first is a more expensive ceiling fan dimmer.  The second is a regular cheapo dimmer.  If you try to use one dimmer it is too sensitive and you can't get the fine adjustment necessary to make small adjustement to the wire temp easily.  I'm sure a transformer or 300watt light are doing the same thing.  Just depends on what you can get your hands on and is cheaper.  I've shared this before and others have had some success.
--Lance