[NSRCA-discussion] Foam Wing Cutting

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 26 07:35:50 AKST 2007

I can’t answer your question directly but I have used a lighting dimmer
switch for many years. I Added a 300 watt light bulb in series to load the
dimmer to desensitize the adjustment. The dimmer runs at about 75v with
about 14volts across the cutting wire. I use a $3 digital readout voltmeter
to adjust the cutting temperature and record the settings for each cutting
bow (different wire lengths) future use. All the cores I cut are tapered and
I use a single template pivoting the bow / cutting wire near the extended
leading and trailing convergence point. The cut cores are straight and twist
free requiring only one person (no cutting machine) to guide the wire over
the template. If you or anyone else would like more info contact me offline
and I will send photos and detail info.
Jim Hiller
jnhiller at earthlink.net <mailto:jnhiller at earthlink.net>