[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba and pattern ( A plus for Futaba)

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Tue Dec 25 11:56:03 AKST 2007

Rusty,

Thanks for the explanation.  This makes more sense but I wish that they don't called hysteresis.  Probably it is better to use the term "programmable condition".

I believe that Jim and Earl were talking about hysteresis around neutral with the hysteresis values been programmable in the 14Z.

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Boyd E. "Rusty" Dose" <rdose at wi.rr.com>

One application for using hysterisis or my definition "variability of rate/conditon vs. neutral":  Snap roll "condition" activated by a stick

A very experienced world class F3A pilot shared one way to execute snaps using the elevator stick to activate a different "condition" which has a different aileron, rudder rates and exponential values.

Why would one want this?  The pilot may have established a preferred snap (speed, how deep...) for a model and desire to have those values be throwing rudder and elevator sticks to the "stops" on the transmitter.

Challenges:

1.  When do you have this special condition begin?
2. When do you want the condition to end (hysterisis application) and return to normal flying?

My preferences, based on the advice of the aerobatic sage and personal comfortability:

1.  I use the elevator stick to activate the condition at 90% of travel.  I have one condition for positive snaps and another for negative snaps.  The condition alters the rudder and aileron travel with unique values for left, right, positve and negative snap rates/exponential.

2.  By using the hysterisis function allows my condition to "end" once the elevator stick reaches 20% transmitter movement, returning the model to the original condition or flying set-up.  The variability of when the condition ends or relative value to neutral is my understanding of hysterisis.

The Futaba 14MZ makes the aforementioned process reasonably simple and speedy to program.  Although I have a 12MZ, I am not positive if the hysterisis is available, but it seems to me it does.

Other applications for this "variablility of rate/condition vs.neutral" for different set-up preferences:

Rudder-  You may prefer to have one rate of travel to initiate a manuever such as a stall turn and desire to select a different rate for which that rate ends and a new rate/exponential begins.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba