[NSRCA-discussion] Boley landing gear

Boyd E. "Rusty" Dose rdose at wi.rr.com
Mon Dec 24 03:49:06 AKST 2007

Bolly landing gear...

John,

The Bolly gear may be saving you over an ounce per gear leg.  Using a disc/belt sander a narrowed the mounting tabs and added thin CA and a 1 ounce cloth band around the end of the newly narrowed tab.  The solution worked for hundreds of flights.  Remember to let the model slow before the 90 degree turn at the end of a landing, virtually no composite gear can handle the side loads.

Merry Christmas!
Rusty