[NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Assembly/Work station stands.

JEREMY CHINN lagrue at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:48:30 AKST 2007

Tim, Packability is an important concern to me if what you are designing is for field use as well as shop usage.

Regards

Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:52:37 -0800From: timsautopro at yahoo.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Airplane Assembly/Work station stands.
Hi guys

I'm in the process of designing a new stand that can be used at the field or workshop for assembly.

What factors are important to you?

Height adjustable? I'm short and understand there are some giants out there. :)
Length adjustable? ( for varying root widths)
Ease of adjustability?
Cradle adjustable? fuse width
Length of the stand? over all length

Several design concepts are on the drawing board.

One stand could be a complete stand alone item with adjustable cradles, adjustable height of the base and adjustable root width.

One stand could be two pieces that the fixed cradle comes off the base and goes into the van/trailer to hold the airplane there ( Would require a macthing slide system in the van/trailer).

What do you guys want in a stand?

Tim