[NSRCA-discussion] New in Chicago area and wanting to get back into Pattern

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 18 05:10:22 AKST 2007

 Welcome John, if you need any help you can contact me at mups53 at aol.com. I'm the local rep for the NSRCA. Glad that your getting back in. I will put out the word that you are in the market for a used machine. Mike Mueller

chris moon <cjm767driver at hotmail.com> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Hi John:
If you live in Sycamore, the closest field would be the Fox Valley Aero Club on Rt39 in St. Charles.  That is also one of the nicest fields in the country as well.  They have a pattern contest every August.  There are a few guys who are flying pattern there and they would certainly welcome more pattern guys.  As Mark said, the biggest group of pattern guys fly at Hoffman Estates, and by big, we are talking about 20+ active guys.  I will have a Fox Valley guy email you with some information.

Chris

John Marsdon wrote:     Hi,

  I was directed to this list by a guy i was talking to at the LHS, as I mentioned I was looking to get back into pattern after a hiatus. I last flew when the Curare and Jekyll were the rage, so after raising a daughter, I have been given a green light to get back into flying pattern. I moved to Sycamore, IL over the summer, and want to know where the local pattern flyers meet to practice. And, I'm looking for a used pattern ship, preferably RTF or nealy so, to purchase as to ease back in without the $2K investment. I have a budget if ~$1K or so to start. Please let me know, so that when spring rolls around, I can start back into flying pattern, as I have really missed the flying and the great people involved.

  John Marsdon