[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba stuff

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sat Dec 15 16:42:16 AKST 2007

I don't know that they were "blindsided" by 2.4g, since they already had a car system out. I just don't think they were expecting the Spektrum aircraft systems to hit the market when they did. Who really knows?

  I have two 6EX systems, with a total of four 606 receivers. Those will end up working with the 12FG, unless Futaba changes their mind. I also have the TM-7 module and have had great luck with it in an old 7UA transmitter. Yes, the 6ch receivers will NOT work with the TM-7. I knew that up front, but the fact they have already discontinued the 606 rx makes me wonder.

  Bob R.

John Konneker <jlkonn at hotmail.com> wrote:
      .hmmessage P  {  margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;  FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    I think you're right that Futaba must have been blindsided by the 2.4gHz movement.
The original 6 channel FASST was discontinued because it wasn't going to be "backward compatible" with many of the systems coming down the line that followed it.  My understanding is that if you bought the 6 channel system then a module or complete 2.4gHz system for the 9CAP for example, the original receiver wasn't going to work with the new stuff.
I switced from my 72mHz 9CAP to a DX-7 and now the X9303.
After flying both the 9CAP and now the X9303 I can say the two are very good radios and each has advantages the other doesn't necessarily share.
That being said the "model match" and "servo sync" are what sold me on the JR/Spektrum systems.
JLK