[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel shut-off gizmo and fittings

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Dec 13 08:17:35 AKST 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:47:50 -0500
"george w. kennie" <geobet at gis.net> wrote:

> Colin,
> What the heck did you have to do to that pix file to get the list to
> accept it ???? Pix I've tried to post bounce for being too large. G.

The list will accept messages up to 80K in size, but that means the
entire message - headers, text and any attachments.  There are two
reasons for the limitation, the first one is server bandwidth and the
second one is that in the past folks on the list who have expensive or
slow connectivity to the Internet didn't want to clog their mailbox with
large potentially expensive messages.  The latter reason may have
largely gone away with the increased penetration of broadband access so
the webteam may want to reconsider upping the limit with feedback from
the list.  I've found that one of the best ways to reduce image size is
to simply change the format - my current favorite is .png which seems to
be very efficient.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com