[NSRCA-discussion] Fuel shut-off gizmo

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Wed Dec 12 08:17:48 AKST 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:48:52 -0500 (EST)
colin chariandy <cchariandy at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> All
>
>   I have seen lots of photos of a little gizmo used to clamp and shut
>   off the fuel flow to the YS engines. It's installed on a bit of fuel
>   tubing running outside the fuse.
>
>   I understand that shutting off the fuel to the YS is a must and I
>   hate having to use a surgical clamp.
>
>   Does anyone know where we can get these?
>
>   Colin.

You can make one easily that is light, foolproof, won't get lost or wear
out and is much kinder to the tubing than surgical clamps.  Apologies
for the quick/crude drawing, but this can be made from some leftover
pushrod or music wire and some silver solder in less than 5 minutes.
Just bend the shape and solder the ends together and pass the fuel
tubing through it. The finished product should be about the size of a
quarter. When you want to shut the fuel off, just pull the tubing into
the narrow part.  When not pinching the line the clamp just hangs on
the fuel line so you can't really loose it. We used to use these all the
time in SPAD combat.

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com